Since 1989, Bushtacks has been specializing in African safaris and flying adventures. The company is a family-run tour operator founded by sixth generation residents of Africa. With offices in Africa and the US, Bushtracks operates safaris which balanced adventure with comfort, and wildlife with culture, hosting custom-built trips, prestigious affinity groups, and unique multi-generational small group adventures.
Our Healdsburg, California office is located just off the historic Healdsburg, California plaza, offering easy access to strolls, restaurants, and the true gateway to wine country – highway 101. Bushtracks’ employees take advantage of their office’s heart-of-wine-country location, in their spare time enjoying the area’s access to biking, hiking, outdoor concerts, ocean visits and redwood strolls. Healdsburg’s small-town, down-to-earth personality extends into our office, creating a friendly, collaborative work-environment, where experienced team members offer on-the-job-training to new employees, and benefit from a promote-from-within culture.
Providing custom safaris to Africa requires dedicated, poised and motivated professionals. Our positions require a high level of detail, keen accuracy, organization and follow-through and are central to the daily operations of this small, busy office. Successful candidates will be "can do" energetic self-starters, highly proficient in business and administrative skills, while gracious in a fast-paced environment.
Current Available Positions:
Program Coordinator / Africa Travel Specialist
This position is responsible for developing and implementing successful, memorable safari experiences for Bushtracks guests. Prepare proposals, coordinate new trips, and provide exceptional customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Location: Healdsburg, CA (Required)
Pay Frequency: Bi weekly (Twice monthly)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Agile Team Structure - Self Accountable
- Magical guest experiences
- Well-coordinated itinerary development/costings, and trip operations
- Accurate trip and guest related database information
- Prepare, process, and implement guest booking life-cycle from sale to trip operations.
- In collaboration with the sales department, design group set departure or FIT tour itineraries based on priorities and feedback of the guest, follow-up appropriately and help close the sale.
- Handle all aspects of the trip to ensure safety, efficiency, customer satisfaction and profitability. Coordinating efficient logistics, clearly communicating with vendors and guests, processing client information and payments, and ensuring that insurance and government regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop and manage sound trip budgets and well-designed itineraries to meet guests’ budget and expectations.
- Provide timely, responsive customer service.
- Maintain accurate data in the CRM database (Salesforce) and the Bushtracks website and ensure accuracy of all sales, promotion, and operations materials.
- Analyze guest evaluations to refine and improve future departures.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with partners and vendors.
- Provide input to special marketing and product development projects.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the areas in which Bushtracks operates, and the associated supplier products that Bushtracks utilizes to assist client inquiries.
- May carry the 24/7 duty mobile phone on a rotating basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Possible Position Assignments
- Associate Program Coordinator: New to the role; building skills and experience toward greater responsibility. Initially handles more basic trips while increasing productivity, efficiency and knowledge to operate the most complex itineraries. Striving to have the confidence and knowledge to handle a sales call from creation to close.
- Program Coordinator Operations Focus: emphasis on the smooth operations of the trip, including vendor coordination, travel logistics, rates and availability, accommodation reservations. With cross-training in guest relations.
- Program Coordinator Guest Focus: emphasis on customer communications, including building relationships, gathering guest information, recording preferences, customer service, and determining potential marketing & sales partnerships. With cross-training in operations and logistics.
- Program Coordinator: Performs all functions of job duties with little or no supervision.
- Senior Program Coordinator: Performs all functions of job duties with little or no supervision for an extended tenure.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility in travel or travel related field.
- Working knowledge of global logistics, reservations and concepts preferred.
- Mastery of MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel; familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
- Travel experience, particularly to Africa, preferred
- Key Competencies
Excellent written and verbal communication, Customer service, Listening, Accuracy, Attention to detail, Organization, Planning, Time management, Ability to manage multiple projects at once, Problem analysis and problem-solving
Competencies: Discretion and confidentiality; Resourcefulness, Reliability, Process orientation, Adaptability, Decision-making, Stress tolerance, Collaboration, Passion and enthusiasm for creating one-of-a-kind trips for our guests
Salary commensurate with experience
**Regrettably, we are unable to reply to every applicant individually. Qualified applicants will be contacted, please no phone calls or drop ins.